Re: Wheel Weights

<snip>

>Weights get pried off. New 5=A2 weights get hammered on.  Sometimes
>moved an inch or two if the original placement was off.  The new
>weights are the cheapest looking thing on the car. Plus, they gouge
 >the wheel lip...almost inevitable by design.

I have them put the wheel weights on the INSIDE of the rim on my truck (same
damage issue, but on the unseen part of the wheel) and I use the stick-on
weights on my cars.  The stick-on weights CAN come off, especially during
autocrossing, track sessions or other hard driving scenerios.  Most people
put some duct tape over the weights prior to those situations.

John Virnig
'97 328is