Re: <e28> Motronics question (fuel pump relay control)

Peter,

   For safe measure, you might try replacing the main and/or fuel pump relay
on the side of the fuse box.  (It cannot hurt.)   Has the car been chipped?
The more friable components in the DME can be damaged by impatient,
overzealous, performance-hungry DIY software installers...  If the problem
DOES lie within the DME unit, there are a few options.  You could purchase a
used unit (potentially full of the same monkeys which currently live in your
glovebox), ship the DME out to be rebuilt (Programa is a popular provider of
this service), or, if you're handy with a soldering iron, carefully crack the
little bugger open and have a look-see...  I've heard more than once that you
may find (and more importantly fix) cracked/broken solder pin connections on
the circuit boards.  Many folks have reported success in this arena...

Hope this helps,

Rob Workman
'85 535i(s wannabe)

In a message dated 5/16/00 9:29:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,