Subject: <E34> Shift Lever "Shroud" Broken

Hi Mike

In case no one else has answered yet, if it is the same as the cover in the '92
E34 then you just need to pry up the cover with the gear numbers/letters on it
with a small screwdriver, there are two screws underneath that must be unscrewed
before you can wiggle the cover out (You can carefully pull the cable connector
off the switch). You can thread a new piece of the "rippled Shroud" through the
assembly. Wait a minute, you must first take off the gear knob first by removing
the screw at the front of the handle and pulling it upwards.

Of course.. assembly is the reverse of the disassembly.

I had the same problem with mine for nearly a year, I got the parts from BMW for
about 6DM and completed it in 15 minutes, I wish I had fixed it before!
Email directly if you have any questions.

Neil