Re: Another thread on tires

In a message dated 5/9/00 5:00:17 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I ran a set of Nitto NT555 that were pretty much near bald and they are
some
 slippery suckers.  They get really greasy when they are hot and just plow
 around the course.  I do not recommend these tires to anyone unless you w >>

Anyone who runs Nittos on the track is going to experience some limitations.
THEY ARE GREAT TIRES BUT!
They are not $200+ tires. I've run them on the track and they are OK. They
will lose traction as they get hotter. A little cooldown helps (for you and
the tires). They go away fast.
On the highway, in the wet and snow they do very well. I put 25,000 on my
current set and they never let me down. I drove home last night with wearbars
showing on all my Nittos. Hit rain and snow and never had a problem. You
always have to drive within the limits of your equipment, not your schedule.
If you want to do better on the track you have to get track tires. I don't
mean faster, I mean better!
Fred Callender RMC - New Nittos on the way. Not connected in any way with
Nitto or any tire company.