Insurance claim for bent rims through Progressive?

Has anyone out there had any experience filing a claim for damaged
wheels (because of potholes) through Progressive Insurance?

When I was with State Farm years ago, bent rims were covered as a
"road hazzard" subject to my standard deductible.

Progressive claims they can't tell me whether bent rims are covered
by my policy until I file a claim, and they can't tell me whether
filing such a claim would raise my insurance until it's time to renew
my insurance.  Obviously there's no point in filing a claim for a
bent rim if my insurance increases by more than the money I get back
from the rim.  Argh...

If anyone out there has had experience with filing claims through
Progressive (or other insurance companies) for bent rims and other
similar "road hazzards" I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,
James

- --
James McElroy