bushings

I'm interested in replacing aged rubber, reducing shimmy, and generally
tightening up the front end of my non-M E30.  As a quick cheap easy
improvement (is anything really cheap and easy? :-), I've been advised to
replace the OE bushings with polyurethane.

The next questions, of course, are:
1) Which bushings should I replace?  Just the control arms, or something
else too?
2) Is there a standard list of "as long as we're in there, let's take care
of these too" items?
3) Where should I get the parts?  http://www.bavauto.com and
http://www.bmpd.com and http://www.motorworks.com/bmw and
http://www.ultimategarage.com all show bushings of various sorts.  Any
others I should consider?  Any recommendations?  Any warnings?

Thanks for any pointers!
- --
Bob Sutterfield
'87 E30 325iS / CO plates "DAS KAR"