Re: hole in oil pan

In a message dated 5/1/00 11:34:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I have a small crack in my oil pan where the oil is trickling out. Is
 there some sort of epoxy I can use to seal this small leak or do I have
 to change the oil pan right away. Would this small leak affect a
 cylinder compression test?. Thanks to all with ideas. >>

Have it welded by a competent shop....aluminum can be welded if done
properly...shouldn't cost you more than $25 to $30.  I had it done on my
son's '86 325es about 4 or 5 years ago...been no problems whatsoever.

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646