Re: 10,000 miles on 95 325i brake pads

Hey guys and gals,
My brother in law has a 95 325i convertible on which he installed new
brake pads about 10,000 miles ago.  He bought the pads at Auto Zone or
some local after-market parts store.  10,000 miles later, he took the
pads off and the outside pad was worn down to nothing, but the inside pad
looked brand new.  The rotor was not damaged.  Assuming he did install
them correctly, what might cause this type of wear?  I have had the same
pads on my 535is for 50,000.  Has anyone had a similar situation or is my
brother in law simply a creative brake pad installer who is able to save
money by using only one brake pad per side instead of two.  He said that
the entire time, it braked very well.  Any insight would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
James Boyd
87 535is