318 Strange Vibration in Reverse and 1st Gear

I have a 93 318i 130K. I recently changed the rear diff oil with
Lubromoly gear oil 75W and the transmission fluid which my
mech discovered to be ATF fluid with Redline ATF for manual
transmissions.

The problem I am experiencing seems to be coming from the
front when the car is stationery and 1st or Reverse gear is
engaged. It does not happen all the time, the clutch is in good
condition, no slipping and that is also my mech's opinion last
time I checked with him.

When 1st or R is engaged, ( and this happens rarely,  just until
the last two days did it occur twice for two days in a row). The
car even with the clutch well balanced feels as though it were
starting off in 3rd gear from a stationary position. Once the car
moves, it goes away and it might not happen even at the next
stationary stop.  Another stationary stop and the car acts normally
when taking off.

I had a friend listen as I reversed and I did the same as I slowly
reversed when the problem happened this evening. The sound,
sounds like a  clicking sound not exactly but like a deteriorating CV
joint might  sound in a FWD or a AWD. We managed to isolate the sound
source to be coming from under the car to the right passenger
side at the front somewhere under the engine bay but we could
not exactly pin point the problem.

All the gears shift easily, no problems at all. Just this one problem
which sounds like a bearing or something of the sort. Does anyone
know what this could be ? I thought about the dreaded U-Joint but the
car does not vibrate while driving. I have a lowered suspension with
18" wheels but I doubt if this has anything to do with it especially since
the clearance is good enough to avoid hitting bumps.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what is causing this, I
will very much appreciate this information. Thanks

Mike Theuri
93 318i