Badges--Dear Ann Landers

Dear Ann Landers:

Please help me out. I have an '85 (euro) 323i with the Baur conversion. It
has NO badge for 323i whatsoever. It has a "Baur" insignia on the outside
pillar. It came from the factory with a Msport logo steering wheel. It has
been converted to D.O.T. and EPA specs.

The question is should I:

1. Put on a 323 badge(and if I can't find an original, is it OK to use a
Mazda 323    one)?

2. Leave it unbadged but remove the Baur insignia?(stealth mode)

3. Put on a "M" badging (since BMW felt it obviously IS one since it came
with the                   "M" marking)?

4. Fabricate an "EPA/DOT approved badge" so I won't be confused with some
renegade       outlaw?

OR, give up the badging argument and go back to drinking a Shiner Bock
Beer(God's Own Beverage--from Texas where He's from--not some Latrobe, Pa.
Rolling Rock beer that might be confused with that other stuff Latrobe
native Arnold Palmer pours in the old tractor)?

Sincerely,

Jim
1985 323i(with some stuff/without some stuff)