audio amp '89 535

Does anyone know how the audio amp that is located in the trunk of my '89
535 is turned on and off?  I see from the wiring manual that "hot all the
time" power is run to the amp so it is my assumption that there is a
control line that must turn it on and off with the radio being turned off
and on.  Thus preventing the amp from staying on while you are parked with
the radio off.

Here's the background if you are interested.
I ordered a Kenwood radio / cd unit to replace my factory unit.  I
installed this unit about 18 months ago.  With some difficulty, I finally
got it running. My biggest problem was not realizing that I would have to
run the speaker outputs from the Kenwood through an attenuating pad before
going to the amp (which I didn't know I had until I got into this project).
Anyway, I managed to get through that by purchasing the pad that the our
friends at Crutchfields sell. Some months later my battery ran down after
not driving the car for several days.   After some  investigation, I found
that the constant drain on my battery was through the fuse F41 in the rear
power distribution box feeding the amp.  I could take that fuse out and
park the car for days with no problem.  However this constant discharging
and charging finally killed my battery so I decided to fix it.  I opened
the dash back up again.  I really hated to do this as it took my a lot of
time to get all the radio , and pad stuffed back into the space.  I think
that I am looking for a white wire that originally attached to my factory
radio in a 1 pin connector  and labeled on the factory radio as electric
anntena.    I believe it is connector  X813.  So far I haven't found it in
the dash area but I believe I can find it .  But  I realized I didn't know
what to do with it after I found it because I didn't know if the amp was
turned off with a ground (down ) level or a 12 volt (up level).   The
Kenwood has both a electric antenna output and a "valet" output.  I think I
could use the electric  antenna output to provide a 12 volt line to turn
the amp on .  Or if I have too, I can build a circuit to provide ground or
12 volt - I just need to know what I need to give it.  I did notice that
page 6424 in the wiring manual shows that this wire I theorize is the
control line also goes to an antenna amplifier and my rear defroster.
Seems strange.  What does the on/off of the radio have to do with the rear
defogger?

Thanks,
Dave Lenderking
phone: tie 352-5814, 919-301-5814