stalling and flooding 325e

 am having this intermittent problem....i am driving along at 80 and I
suddenly lose power...if I feather it, it keeps going but, no power....once
I pull off the freeway, it typically just dies and then it will not
start....black smoke and flooding....I have replaced the fuel regulator...we
swapped out the idle computer and icv...same problem....if I remove the
connector from the icv, it starts fine and the problem clears....until the
next time.....it sometimes happens when I park it when shopping...ie the car
is warm....it never seems to happen when the car is cold....any
ideas.....could it be the o2 sensor or the air flow sensor....I checked the
air flow and it does not appear to stick....any ideas....one guy told me he
changed his computer and the problem was solved.....anyone else heard this
one???

Peter Curtin
VP Product Management
DNIP, Network IP Access