E28 Stabilizer Arm Bushings

Has anyone done the bushing replacement on the stabilizer arms on an E28?  I am
curious whether this can be done with a simple hand/arbor press or whether I am
asking for trouble and should just replace the whole arm, bushing and all.

I am experiencing the wheel shimmy at the start of braking.  The shake goes away
quickly.  Several bimmerphiles have said this is classic stabilizer arm wear.
Any other common problem suggestions are appreciated.

Also,  as there may very well be some rotor warpage, has anyone upgraded to the
gas slotted rotors (ie..ATE)?  I have heard that cross-drilled warp very
quickly.

Finally, I have the stock, autobus-size steering wheel.  Is it possible to swap
any later model, smaller steering wheels onto the E28?

Thanks!

KT

1987 535iS
Royalblau, Tan Leather, 5 spd, ltd slip