Wheel bearing knock

I have a 1996, 328IC with 45k miles on it that has just recently begun to
exhibit a knocking sound coming from what appears to be the left front
wheel.  I originally thought it was my tires but bought a new set on Monday
and the sound still prevails.

The sound is most prevalent as I make a right turn though I can hear it,
though not as loud, driving in a straight line.

I suspect it is the wheel bearing or the constant velocity joint bearings.

Has anyone had a similar experience or know of an existing condition for 328
of this vintage?

Thanks.

Tim