No more 2000 328Ci's!!!

I ordered my 2000 328Ci at my local dealership a week and a half ago,
and was promised a call back to tell me when its build date would be.
When I ordered it, I was told "oh, no problem, our allocation is used
up, but we'll trade with another dealer for it." I hadn't heard
anything by today, so I called.

Well as it turns out, they can't get me one. All the ones left to
build are being built for some other person. So now he says there is
a new model, the 330 coming out to replace the 328. It will have an
additional 55 hp and the body styling will be the same.

But other than that he said he didn't know anything. My main concerns are:

(1) How long will I have to wait?

He thinks maybe till July... (they don't expect their allocation for
330's till next month) not great, but ok considering I was already
waiting till June. But longer than that and I might not be as ok with
it. I'm first on my local dealers list for one, and having "the first
one on my block" might be cool, but I'll surely have more time for
fun in the summer and want time to enjoy it.

(2) How much will it cost?

He thinks about the same as the 328, which would make sense since
it's supposed to be in the same spot in their lineup. But having
already made my decision and now working towards financing for that
amount, I don't want to find out it'll suddenly be more.

Can anyone shed some additional light on this? I know in the computer
world things leak out that the dealers don't know about, is the same
true for BMW?

Thanks.

Michael