Re: E30 wheel offset

> Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 18:48:36 +1200
> From: "Allan Williams" <allanw@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: E30 wheel offset?
>
> The factory 14x6 are 28mm, the factory 15x7 are 24mm.

Are you sure that you don't mean that the 14x6.5 offset is 28mm?
Certainly there is a range of offsets that you can get away with, but I
always thought that a good rule of thumb is:

Whl width	offset
 	6"	 35mm
	6.5"	 30mm
	7"	 25mm
	7.5"	 20mm
	8"	 15mm

Regardless, these offsets will work.

- -Kurt Zimmerman

P.S. As and example of how much variation you can get away with,  I run
15x7.5" wheels with a 25mm offset.  I do get tire rubbing in the fender
wells at full lock, but I do not have any rubbing on the strut.
However, I can only run 205 tires.  I'm pretty sure that I could fit
225s if I had that extra 5mm.