Re: E34 front window trim separating ... BMW solution too costly

>The plastic flat trim on the front surface of my friend's E34 front
>window is separating from the windshield gasket.  Several of the plastic
>clips fitted to the windshield that hold the trim in place have broken

Has your friend consulted with a glass replacement shop?  Seems to me that
they would be able to handle this particular hurdle much better since these
guys replace several windshields per day versus a dealer who might do a
couple a year.

Just my 2 cents worth.

John Virnig
Recipient of numerous windshield replacements
'97 328is (still on the original windshield)