Stumble in Cold Start - E30

First a thank you.  This list has provided simple, direct and accurate
answers to my wheel painting, Guibo, and timing belt queries. It really
helps.

Now, my new little worry, on my  88 325 IC, with 150,000 miles.  The worry
is that on a cold start, I am getting rough running for a few seconds.  Long
(week plus) sleeps for the car tend to result in rougher-running starts.
Had some pretty good white smoke once.  After start-up, everything runs
smoothly again.  It's just the first 10 to 40 seconds.

What's wearing out? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*	Jerry Miller   phone: 415.973.4104;  fax 415.973.8494
       123 Mission St. - Rm 2611; San Francisco, CA 94105