Re: bmw-digest V9 #1404

In a message dated 3/12/00 11:00:06 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Does anyone on the digest have any experience with using a random
 orbital "polishing machine?"  I'm considering ordering this since the
 random action should, in principle, eliminate the swirl marks that can
 come with power buffers. >>

I used to have a Sears Craftsman orbital polisher.  I recently purchased a
new Porter-Cable orbital polisher from Griot's Garage.  This is a much better
machine.  It keeps the surface cool - not hot.  It uses foam pads instead of
wool or cotton.  The foam pads are far superior.  This will remove swirl
marks and is quite effective when used correctly.

Tom Shea