RE: 325ic soft top lever help/WTB head&fog lamps

Hi, all.  This is my first post.  I bought a '89 325ic with a broken soft top release handle.  Bought the replacement handle assembly, NOS, & tried to install it today, but can't figure out how to remove the "lever" from the old handle that is attached the double cables.  This isn't covered in Bentley, so I'm SOL unless somebody can help explain to me how to remove the old lever from the cables & mount the new one.

BTW, I'm  in need of a PS fog lamp assembly & DS Hi beam assembly for the same '89ic & if anyone has some to spare, you can save me from paying NOS hellacious prices from the local dealers.

Thnaks!

Mike in TX
mtchapman@domain.elided
FREE! The World's Best Email Address @domain.elided