all - wheels

I want to fit 15" alloys to our E30 325i, but the 15"basketweaves are very
expensive here in New Zealand (=US$600 used).

>>I can get some E30 M3 wheels for half that, but they are 5 stud - so I'm
>>looking into redrilling my rotors for 5 studs. I think I can do it
>>(machinist friend will help - I'm just checking fit).
The first thing is that you don't have studs. They're bolts that threaded in
the rotors.

>>I need to know what 5 stud BMW whells I could fit. The E30 M3 wheels may
>>stick out too far, so I'm looking at maybe 5 series basketweaves or
>>somewhere that would suit an E30.
>>I think I'll need 15x6.5 or 15x7, and I think I'll need to stick with the
>>35mm offset to kepp them in the right place on the car.

The M3 wheel (if your adement about redrilling) is probably the best fit.
The 5 and 7 series has an offset of either 15mm or 20mm(i can't remember
right now for some reson. Most likely the 20mm thought and it hasen't
changed for some years) so you can see that this would not be great.

>>Can anybody offer any ideas on wheels and offsets (as well the the
>>hubcentric problems)

>>My other option is to redrill to a different 4 stud pattern and use
spacers
>>if neccesary to fit other four stud wheels.

Why would you redrill the 4 bolt patern. You have on this car a 4X100 wich
is one of the most popuplar bolt pattern used for aftermarket wheels.
(Honda, VW... all use this bolt pattern)

>>My options for aftermarket wheels are very limited here, and I'd like to
get
>>them second hand.

Thanks people!!!

Allan :-)