Pending 528e Purchase?

Gentlemen,

This is my first submission in this forum, as I have
previously been an Audi man, so excuse my ignorance as
to the details of BMW cars.

I have recently found an extremely well-kept 1985 528e
for sale from a gentleman who has owned the car since
new.  The car is a 5-speed with just under 100k on the
odometer.  Grey with tan leather.

My question is whether this is a good model to buy.  I
know that similar bodied cars come in 528i and 535i
designations, and am wondering what the peculiarities
of the 528e are.  What are the strengths and
weaknesses of this model compared to other 5-series
cars and in and of itself.  Also, and importantly,
what should a car of this kind command in price
considering it's excellent cosmetic condition and
assuming everything checks out mechanically?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Aaron Pratt
aaronlpratt@domain.elided