Check out the basics first

Hi,

First the electrical system:

Possible things to look for in order of difficulty:

- - Idle control valve is clogged (clean w/ carb cleaner, then lubricate with
wd40)
- - Clean the springs on the throttle assembly with the above method.
- - Get a electrical contact cleaner, specifically one which removes corrosion
and
seals with silicon, then clean and reconnect:
	- Air flow contact
	- Idle valve contact
	- Temp sensor contact and any other contact you can see :)
	NOW the difficult and possible cause ones:
	- Fuel injector contacts, right at the head
	- All fuel injector contacts go to one round contact below the
	intake manifold.  That usually is corroded, oil, water get into
	it and cause incorrect resistence signals to the computer,
	cleanit very well.

I dont think the crank sensor is bad here.

REMEMBER, you should NEVER need to "pump" gas in this car while cranking it
up.  Further possibilities are other electrical stuff like (again in order of
diificulty):

- - Plug wires bad or incorrect contact to spark plugs
- - Coil bad
- - Rotor bad
- - Distributor cap bad (These cars are known to have arching from the dist. cap
bolts, which results in loss of electric current)

NOW, the fuel system:

- - Start with the basics, how old is the fuel filter?
- - How dirty is the area around the fuel injectors and how old are the
injectors?
- - Check to see for simple stuff like corroded fuel lines which only drip fuel
when the fuel pump pressure is pumping gas thru them.
- - The fuel return line from the intake on the head side to the regulater
develops leaks too.

Beyond this you can go into looking at the fuel system pressures, etc.

Hope the above helps.  Good luck.
- --
Sammy A. Haroon,  Taxila, Inc.,  770.234.9087
mailto:SAH@domain.elided
http://sah.home.mindspring.com/
- --
"Incidentally, I despise everything which merely instructs me without
increasing or immediately enlivening my activity."
Goethe