Sebring 2000! Corral Info

Hey everyone-

It's almost that time again- the 12 Hours of Sebring is just two weeks away.
This year's event will be particularly memorable for BMW fans- the Team PTG
E46 M3 will make it's racing debut at this year's event.  The BMW LMP which
won last year's event in the closest-ever Sebring finish will be returning
as well.

I just had opportunity to bug our Southeast Regional VP- Carlos
Diaz-Estrada- about the BMW Corral planned for the event this year, and I
offered to pass the info on to you all.

As usual, the corral will be located at Turn 17, which is a great location
for viewing the race.  This year's corral will be different in some regards
than years past- the corral is now paved, as it serves as the Skid Pad area
for the Driving School at Sebring.  The largest impact of this change is as
it relates to canopies, tents, and use of similar items that require stakes-
or not using them, more appropriately.

The corral is free- once your regular race ticket is purchased you will have
what you need for admission to the corral as well.  You_will_need to know
where it's located, and you will need to know to tell the track workers
where you're headed.  You will enter the corral from the vicinity of the
drive-over bridge to the competitor's paddock.  To get to the corral, follow
the paved entrance road to the paddock drive-over bridge and turn right just
before the bridge.  There is a worker's booth right here, and they can help
direct you.  Once here, you will drive past 'Alfa Alley', and us Bimwads
will be right there past the Alfa folks.

This year's corral will not have the same level of sponsorship as in years
past.  The amenities will be basic, and will include a tent and private
port-o-lets (believe it or not, this truly IS an amenity).  We will be on
our own for most everything else.  Of course, if you're willing to fork over
several thousand dollars for a lunch buffet and closed circuit race
coverage, just let us know and we'll get to work!

Hope to see some of you all there!

Frank Massaro

Tarheel Chapter- Sebring Road Tripper
'92 325is Club Racer