Re: E30: Lock cylinder replacement

While I have no direct experience with replacing a lock cylinder on an E30, I'm in the process of obtaining a new ignition cylinder for an older Mercedes that will match the other locks on that car. It's not that
expensive...I'd definitely go the special-order route, give them your VIN and they should be able to match it up.

My MB cylinder is coming from a mail-order parts house for less than $100. The guy also deals in BMW parts; email me off list and I'll put you in touch if you like.

Russ Maki
'87 325ic