true story

Gentlemen
  I had a woman refuse payment for an engine tune & brake pads because when
she saw her car parked in front of the shop, she immediately noticed I'd
damaged her expensive wheel allignment.
  As I was trying to explain to her that the allignment had not been
touched, she reached into the glovebox and produced receipts for a very
expensive 4-wheel laser-allignment.
  We stood back and looked at the wheels, and sure enough, the BMW emblems
on her wheels were out of allignment with the horizon and each other.  I
tried to explain that they rotated as the wheels turned, and came to rest
where-ever.
  Well, how come the front and back weren't the same??  I cannot believe I
tried explaining that each wheel turns at different speeds at different
times....
  She wasn't about to pay her bill until her wheels were re-alligned, so I
rolled out the floor jack, raised each corner and neatly oriented the BMW
emblem straight up.
  Thank Gawd she didn't have a limited slip differential.
  Put up with this sort of customer abuse for 36 years, and you'll
understand why I'm certifiable.
  If you enjoy this sort of true story, I'll post one/week.

 Dan Patzer the CyberWrench from BIMMERS ONLY Seattle's exclusive BMW hobby
shop
Providing O.E.M. parts, Independant service & Instruction since 1964
 12724  Marine Drive,  Marysville, Wa. 98271
72' tii touring   K1200LT   85' 732i   R850R
http://www.nwlink.com/~bmrfamly/   425-259-3601