Re: Leap2K bug!

Lance asks:

> Hi all- I'm fairly new to the list.  I have an 86 325e.
>
> Perhaps this has been discussed before, but today I noticed that the OBC
> reads "03-01" for the date. Obviously a bit of a bug.  I'm curious to
> know if others have this minor problem as well (what year is your car?)

The OBC on cars of this vintage don't know nothin' about what year it is.  Hence it
always assumes that February has 28 days, and once every 4 years it gets it wrong.
Come 2004 you'll have to reset it again.  So it's more of a "Y divisible by 4 bug" as
opposed to a "Leap 2K" bug.

- -Chip Baines
BMW CCA
'86 528e