<E34> Radiator Leak

In BMW Digest v09.n1391 Stan <sew@domain.elided> wrote:

> Is there anyway to fix a E34 radiator that leaks? I
> havent completely removed the radiator yet but
> it appears to be seeping where the metal casing
> meets the plastic just a few inches over from
> the filler cap. I heard these are not repairable.

Some radiator shops can repair these plastic and aluminum
radiators.  Check with the shops that advertise in _Roundel_.

Underhood plastic parts, especially radiators, get brittle with
heat and age.  If your E34 is more than a few years old, a new
radiator makes more sense than a repair.

Curt Ingraham
72 2002tii
Oakland, California