Re: Auto Xmissions & Winter Driving

I would at least request a clarification from Dr. Gridlock.  The only reason
to hold an automatic in a lower gear is to prevent an untimely up or down
shift.  The change in torque with a shift is a greater problem than the
overall greater torque available in the lower gear.

Gary Derian <gderian@domain.elided>