Hardtop inserts for <E30> convertible broken

Hello fellow digesters,

I need help in determining how to fix or replace the white plastic female
pieces that accept the two 3/8" aluminum "pins" that secure the rear end of
the hardtop to the body of the vehicle. They are slotted up each side to
accomodate the guides on each pin.  They are normally covered by two black
rubber pieces that insert into the pieces and provide a seal for the rear
window channel when the hardtop is not in place.

Last fall when I put the top on for the coming winter months, it was about
20 degrees Farenheit and when the "pins" went into the white pieces, they
cracked. The top is not properly secured, and the electrical contacts for
the hardtop's rear window defroster do not make contact.

I checked with the dealer and all they had was a complete "kit" that was way
too expensive to purchase just for a couple of pieces of plastic.

If anyone has found a work around, or if you have an <E30> convertible that
you have no plans for a hardtop and would be willing to remove your pieces
to sell to me, please contact me.

Thanks,
Geiger Lee
'91 325iCA