Re: Netiquette and Gratitude

In a message dated 2/23/00 7:01:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

(snip)
<< Finally, what the etiquette is for posting back to the Digest after
 receiving individual feedback from everyone?  Do I forward all the
 emails I've received to the Digest to let Richard Welty (the
 owner/editor) decide what to post?

 Thanks again to everyone.

 Regards,
 Tim >>

Tim,

   Some folks seem to get a bit ruffled if they recieve no thanks for their
advice/tech help.  Personally, I have obtained so much information from
various individuals and groups in these circles that I figure the very least
I can do is pass on any potential solutions (in the unlikely event that I
have 'em!) with no expectation of gratitude.  It is, however, nice to know if
your advice is sound.  If it isn't, we need to know to change it...  (We can
all learn from various cross sections of troubleshooting...)  Without the aid
of folks out here in the BMW cyberrealm, my car would not be half as nice as
it is - it might not even run.  Best thing is probably to report which
solutions worked, and keep the legacy alive - extend any experience you can
to anyone else that you can help!!!

Take care, all.

RobW