what does each light mean on the dash?

Hello, just a question about indicator lights on the dash board;
Last night I just happened to look closely at my dash board I mean up front a p
ersonal look and I saw this indicator next to the P (Park) indicator light it i
s like an exclamation mark with a circle around it seemed to be orange.

Thank god its not on because it doesnt look like a friendly indicator :)
What is it for? and I see some other idicators which I neversaw before of cours
e they have never been iluminated.

My question is on the E28 what indicators are on teh dash other than, Oil, ABS,
 Battery, SI lights, Gear indicators, parking brake and brake lining; and what
do they mean ?

THanks alot and I hope no one ever sees that exclamation mark light up for it l
ooks NASTY! but maybe its not.....anyone have an answer?

Thanks alot
Syed

1988 528e 204K with some noises here and there...:) But its my M5 hmmm :-) i ca
n pretend cant I.