Re: Subject: How do i get my fog lights to stay on with my high beams

B asks:
>....but is it possible to wire [the fog lights] so
>they stay on while the high beams are on?

I'm not sure how the fog lights are wired by the factory, but with a Bosch
relay you can do it.  I don't have the Bosch wiring diagram, but here's the
basic idea.  Run a lead from the battery to the relay for your hot and tap
into the parking lamps for your switched power.  The output lead goes to the
fog lights.  There are 2 other leads on the relay that are jumped together
to complete the circuit.

My guess is that the factory wires up something simular with the relay only
instead of those last two leads are wired up to the high beams which cuts
them out when the power from the high beams opens the circuit.  If you can
find that factory relay, you could likely do the same as above without much
trouble.  I'm sure someone else has thought of this as well as has either
the relay diagram or the wiring diagram.

Email me off list if you need more help than this and I'll see what I can
do.

John Virnig
'97 328is