<E36> Brake Bleeding with Traction Control

it's my understanding that a vacuum or pressure bleed of your brakes will not
flush any fluid from the ABS pump (what this has to do with AST has never been
clear to me).  it's also my understanding that the "factory" procedure bently
says is needed involves some electrcal hook-up to modulate the pump while
bleeding (and i believe you can simulate this by turning the ignition on and
off several times while bleeding the rears?).  one other suggestion i've heard
is to bleed normally, take the car out and ride the brakes hard (to work the
ABS and thus flush the pump) and then bleed again.

- - Kevin Jay
  '96 328is, red/tan, 23K