can't get into car!

I just bought a used 1990 535i.  I walked out this morning to get in, and
the doors won't unlock, nothing.  I thought maybe it was the battery is
dead, but shouldn't I still be able to unlock the doors?  Could it be
something with the security system?

Thanks for any help, BMW isn't open on Sunday!

Craig.

Craig Bartels
Indiana RX-7 Club
    Email at: chbartel@domain.elided
    ICQ UID:  1700453
    Page at 317.307.6027
    Fax at   978.246.2670
Web Sites:   http://php.engr.iupui.edu/~cbartels/rx7_indiana
                      http://members.tripod.com/craigs_place

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are.  I don't
believe in circumstances.  The people who get on in this world are the
people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they
can't find them, make them."
                                           --GEORGE BERNARD SHAW