E36 Shifting Problem

Anybody had any experience with an occasional failure to fully engage 1st=

gear from a stop. Just recently my '94 325i started jumping out of 1st ge=
ar
when I accelerate away from a stop.....not often....probably less than 10=
%
of the time. It feels as though it never fully goes into gear and slips o=
ut
with a loud thud. Once in a parking lot when I shifted into 1st it felt
like it was not all the way into gear but would not go further..I release=
the clutch and depressed again and it slid all the way into gear.
The transmission has only 43,000 miles on it and I'm wondering if it is a=

clutch or a transmission problem...all other shifting works fine. =

Chris
CGeiselman@domain.elided