<E28> battery relocation

Anybody done a 535i battery relocation?  If so, what was the improvement or
change could I expect in the car's handling?  I'm thinking about relocating the
battery in a 1985 535i to the trunk, a la E28 M5, for improved weight balance.  I
would want to use original BMW M5 hardware and battery cover for a factory
installed appearance.  I'm inclined to get used parts since new M5 parts can be
quite expensive.  It seems that the relocation would be straightforward since the
two cars are so similar.

Any thoughts on relocating the battery to beneath the rear seat, a la E32 7
series, as an alternative?

D.A.