HFM trouble

I have a 1995 ///M3 with an ERT SC.  It uses a K&N Conical filter that
resides down in the area above the drivers side brake duct. I had just
cleaned the filter and re-oiled it. That same day after re-installing
the filter the radiator hose snapped off and soaked the filter. After
allot of $$$ and a new radiator, my car now runs like sh!t. It like bogs
down from 3500 rpm on. Before this happened the car used to bog down at
4000+ rpm ONLY when cold but then ran real strong after? I took the
filter and tubing off and noticed that there was oil lining the tubing
and Euro HFM. The oil also had the smell of antifreeze. Well I cleaned
the HFM with a mild cleaner and ran water over the element for a few
minutes. I also used alcohol to clean the HFM element. After
re-installing the car sputtered for a few minutes but then started to
run fine. But I think it does not pull as hard as it did before. There
are no flat spots as before but the car feels slower. Is my HFM fried?
Do I need a new one? Has this happened to anyone else?

Ohh yes my best friend just bought a 1998 Vette. From 60 mph in 3rd gear
I will take him till 100 mph and then he blows by me and puts 11/2 car
lengths on my until 120 mph were we both let off. I think I start to
creep on him at 110+ but not sure. 2 week ago my car made 333 HP and 282
ft/lbs torque at the real wheels. With that much power I should beat a
Vette. SO I ask again, is it my HFM or just my mind?

Thank You

Bill P