<e36> vibration in steering wheel

Dear Digesters

I have 96 328i automatic w/46K miles on it. When the car is just idling, not
moving, I feel some sort of light vibration through the steering wheel in
addition to the normal engine vibration. The vibration is intermittent but
never more than two or three seconds and only lasts for a second or so. I
may be wrong but this feels just like a bearing would sound when it is going
out even though I can't hear any bearing noise. The vibration is independent
of the gear position(park, neutral etc) Above 1500 RPM I can't feel it
anymore due to engine vibration masking it.

I know if I take it to the stealer with no idea what it could be they will
just shrug their shoulders and say, "we don't hear anything" Then the day
after my warranty expires they will say "oh yeah, we hear it now, you need a
new main bearing" or some other ungodly expensive repair.

So are there any bearings that might be more suspect than others on the 2.8l
E36?

Finally do any of you have any experience with Dan Kruze BMW in Dubuque
Iowa? The dealer I have been taking my car to has such terrible service I
feel like I am driving a Hyundai. Dan Kruze is quite a bit further away for
me but I refuse to go back to the other place.

Thanks for any and all help!

Dennis