RE: 3 series clutch

> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:55:04 EST
> From: TeamM3@domain.elided
> Subject: Re: 3 series clutch
>
> As long as you didn't get metal-metal contact on the flywheel
> I would skip
> this.  The flywheel is probably at least 1/2 of the $1500
> cost.  As for the
> bluing, this is normal.  Skip the flywheel, you won't be able
> to tell the difference.

I'll look into their reasoning on the flywheel replacement again, when I
meet with the BMW NA rep next week.

However, I believe their reason was less because of the blueing, and more
because of the soft-engage springs in the dual-mass flywheel assembly having
collapsed. This was contributing to the "thunking" feeling that brought the
clutch problem to my attention in the first place.