Re: more clutching issues

<< Hmm... I have a '99 323i/4 and w/10k and I'm experiencing some weird
clutch
 issues as well.. I posted to the UUC list about a higher-than-normal pedal
 I've been having, and someone said that my clutch couldn't have been
wearing,
 because the pedal height is determined by the slave cylinder or something.

 I don't fully accept this explanation. >>

You don't have to accept it......it's only the truth.  :-)

The hydraulic piston in the slave cylinder moves forward to take up the slack
from clutch disc wear; it's the same principle as a brake caliper.  Does the
brake pedal height change as the brake pads wear?  No.  The physical clutch
pedal heighth does not change over the life of the clutch.  However, what is
unclear to me is whether or not you mean physical clutch pedal height or the
point of clutch engagement relative to pedal height.  The first sign of a
worn clutch is increased clutch pedal pressure.  You may not notice over
time, but it will be obvious comparing the leg pressure required between a
new one and a worn one.

M Sipe