wtb E30 325i exhaust; cat, mufflers, pipes

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade the single exhaust system on my 325e to an "i"
exhaust with dual pipes all the way back.  I don't need the manifolds (or do
I?), but I'm hoping to find the headpipe/cat and everything after through a
stock dual inlet/outlet muffler all in good condition.  Does anyone have
part of this?  I can probably find the muffler end of the 2 piece system
more easily at a local yard, but the cat may prove challenging.  Can anyone
report the results of such a change?  Worthwhile?  Advisable?  Easy swap?
(Same dual exhaust manifold setup, right?)

Any input or ideas are welcome.  I don't want to lose the great big torque
band, just to improve flow a little bit and have two oem tips rather than
one.

- -Rod Birch