1993 318is questions

[To Digest Coordinator: I accidently posted this message a few weeks ago
from my work e-mail (not subscribed) and didn't realize it until just
recently. Sorry for the confusion.]

I recently acquired a 1993 318is and have several questions regarding
problems I have discovered over the several months that the car has been in
my possession. I am mainly interested in advice on the best way to address
any or all of the problems. Thanks.

(1) Left rear seat back: There is a slight tear in the leatherette. Is this
replaceable or do I have to replace the seat back itself?

(2) Worn carpeting: Is it difficult or costly to replace the whole carpet
with OEM carpet?

(3) Lighting: My interior lights (and headlights) seem to pulsate when the
car is idling. What could be the reason for this?

(4) More lighting: I have a couple of lights out in the the speedo/tach
housing (right turn signal light, for one) and the headlight on/off switch
is not lighted. Is this expensive to fix?

(5) Sunroof switch: When I start my car, the sunroof switch will
mysteriously stop working (the orange light stops glowing on the switch);
however after about 10 minutes it comes on and works again. Strange but
true. Is there an explanation?

(6) I have an slow but sure oil leak in the front part of the engine--Looks
like perhaps it's coming from the timing cover but I can't tell for certain.
Any ideas on what should be done?

(7) Is the black plastic moulding for the outer rear view mirror replaceable
(the front part of the housing surrounding the mirror--not the painted back
part)? I damaged the black plastic part but the mirror and the painted part
of the housing are still okay and it would be more cost effective if I could
replace just the black plastic part.

(8) Steering Wheel squeaks occasionally. Is this a problem sign?

Thanks for any assistance!

Bill Fleitz BMWCCA #171299