Re: My ///M is back

In a message dated 2/6/00 11:40:31 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 23:21:46 -0500
>  From: Bill P <casanova@domain.elided>
>  Subject: My ///M is back
>
> ...............a final run of 333.3 HP and 282.2 Ft/Lbs of
>  torque. That's 400 + HP at the crank. I am the happiest man alive.
>  ...........With bigger 30 Lb
>  injectors (I have 24 lb) we should get 350 HP at the wheels. Man, am I
>  happy....................

> Can I run 9 psi in the car without an intercooler? Will the car handle
>  9 psi without an intercooler?
.............................................. Will
>  the car detonate like crazy at 9 psi without an intercooler?

Hello Bill,

I'm glad to hear that you got your car back. I had the same problem.
I had the overheating proble twice. Once with the 2.5 liter engine, and
again with the 3.2 liter engine. The 2.5 engine had the problem with the
water pump(plastic), while the 3.2 engine had the problem with the
head gasket. My brother has a shop so we took the head off, ported
and polished, and got a valve job done. This definetley made a
difference. more power and torque, due to the better flow. BMW could
have done a better job on the head before they put in the car. My
brother's 240z engines have a better flow path than those heads.
But of course, two different cars, but similar idea; made for a driver.
I'm eating everything for lunch, from CamaroSS, to RamAir Pontiacs,
to 540is(I still respect your elders). I''ll be heading to Hennessey to
to try out their Dyno. I'm looking for Vipers and Corvettes, next !!!!!

Anyway, you definetly need to get a INTERCOOLER. You'll be
s u r p r i s e d. Cooler air means more power. That is what you
want, Right? You should have bought one long time ago.

Good Luck.

Thanks,
Corey
325isit- on hiatus(until summer)
having fun with the Xterra, until the 6 cyl. X5 arrives.(or '00 M3)

P.S. I'm normally aspirated, running 255/35R18s with little traction.