e30 changing brake hose with a stripped nut

I have an '89 325iX.  I am trying to change the brake
hose on the car.  In the front the top nut on the
metal brake line is stripped.  I've tried visegrips to
no avail. Any suggestions?
It seems that if and when the nut does turn, I will
not be able to reuse it.  Do I need to replace the
brake line to replace the nut?
One more question.  What kind of fitting is at the
junction of brake line to brake hose? Is the hose the
male end going into the female fitting on the line?
At the caliper end the hose looks to be a female
fitting.

Thanks in advance