From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Eric Scott Paul
Sent: Saturday, February 5, 2000 10:37 pm
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: RE: Audio question, part 3

Chad,
	You have a few questions there, lets see if I can address some of
them.

First: The antenna in the e36s are amplified antennas. They need to be
"turned on." This is done by the remote turn on wire of the headunit.
Alpine
turn on wires are blue( Antenna turn on) or blue-white (Amplifier Turn
on).
For the car the white wire (?pin #16) on the  connector. If possible
use a
voltage meter and ensure that when the radio is on the white wire is
getting
a + power feed.

Second: please email me what type of headunit you have and I may be
able to
help you to remove it from the dash. I am assuming a CVA-1000 or
CVA-1005
since you have navigation. I have a CVA 1000 in my e46 (pics at my
website).

Do you know where the installer mounted the control unit of the
headunit? It
sounds like this is what you have found behind the glovebox.

Eric S Paul
BMWCCA # 94854
99 328i Fern Green
http://home.adelphia.net/~esp/