okay to run convertibles in CCA driving schools ?

George,
>I've seen some controversy about the "CA" canvas top, but what about a
>convertible with the hard top in place ?  can that be taken to a track DE
>event ?  My neighbor just got a new 996 C4 cabrio with a hard top option,
>and wants to join CCA at the Road America event in the fall.  can anyone
>tell me what the "national" policy is ? or is it up to each local chapter ?

A rollbar is required for convertibles.
Hard top options are not acceptable in place of a rollbar.
I don't know how many chapters will not allow CA roofs, but I do know NJ
won't allow open air air roofs, aka California Top. The NCC nor the last 2
ofest schools had a problem with it. It is entirely at the discretion of
the chapter.

If you are talking about doing the Ofest driving school at Road Atlanta,
Ofest schools seem to be toned down a bit more than chapter schools. You
have lots of first timers at these things. But a rollbar will be required
for a cabrio.

..steven