okay to run convertibles in CCA driving schools ?

I've seen some controversy about the "CA" canvas top, but what about a
convertible with the hard top in place ?  can that be taken to a track DE
event ?  My neighbor just got a new 996 C4 cabrio with a hard top option,
and wants to join CCA at the Road America event in the fall.  can anyone
tell me what the "national" policy is ? or is it up to each local chapter ?

TIA
GMK

'97 M3 sedan (that went to 3 PCA DE events thus far)