RE: correct foglights for 1987 325is front spoiler...

The foglights for the 86-87 325es/is are different from the standard bumper-
mount foglights.  The ones you need have 3 to 4 screws that extend out the
back with three directional tabs on them (0,120,240 degrees--like a Mercedes
logo without the surrounding circle).  Two of these are adjustable from the
front for aiming purposes.  The lights are pushed into their locations and
the screws with the tabs are pushed through the corresponding holes and then
twisted to lock them into place.  Once mounted you can adjust the vertical
and horizontal aim on the lights using a phillips screwdriver (from the
front side).

In a nutshell, you gotta get new lights.  Sorry.

- -Derek
 '90 325is

Hi all,

I bought a used spoiler from a 1987 325is and found that my fog lights don't
easily attach to the openings. I'm sure there was a bracket that I'm
missing?  Are the foglights themselves different too?  My fog lights were
previously suspended below the front bumper on brackets.  I was able to
"shim" the spoiler's mounting points to attach it (I guess the valence/body
is a bit different on the donor car, mine is a 1986 325 (e).

Any help would be appreciated.  I love the look of the spoilers overall now,
but I want to set the foglights up correctly.  Anyone have an assembly or
pair for sale?

thanks!