E28 sub frame bushings

I was told that there is a special tool needed to replace the rear sub frame
bushings.  Is this true?  Are there any standard tool methods that anyone knows
of?  Also, I am ISO 15 or 16" wheels to replace my TRX (even steels are OK).

KT

'87  535iS  (recently bottom ended motor, trans is in reassembly stage with new
shift fork, bearings and seals)

ps.  Has anyone ever mounted the recaro sport seats onto manual frames?  (The
mechanicals of the power seats weigh a ton!)